We wanted to shine the spotlight on Doris this month because she remains committed to the gym and has been for over 2 years now. She is someone who others admire and look up to as a role model and she exemplifies what it means to remain active through the lifespan. She is an avid tennis player and coach and skis in the winter. We really appreciate the hard work and dedication of members like Doris and feel that she deserves recognition for it! Please enjoy her athlete interview below.
Join Date: June 2013
EVENTS & ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Please claim you account in our new membership management software, Front Desk. Check you email inbox for the newsletter which was sent out last Thursday. We also have instructions available in the gym. You will need to claim your account, sign the electronic waiver, and add credit/debit card or bank account info to your profile. Ashley can help you with the process if needed. Please complete this process as soon as possible, it must be completed by Thursday, July 30! Read the newsletter here: Front Desk Newsletter
- Core Session 2 with Beth Swanson is Wednesday 7/29 at 7pm, $20 cash or check written to The Fort CrossFit. We hope to see all of you who attended last week for some more fun!
- Saturday, Sept. 19 TFCF Golf Outing at Granite Fields Golf Club. 1:30pm start. Jameson is organizing this. Please sign up by Sept. 1 if you want to play.
- Saturday, Oct. 3. O2X Challenge race at Loon Mountain. If you register, our team is The Fort CrossFit. Use coupon code CFHAMPSTEAD for 10% off. http://www.o2x.com/
10 Wall Squat
1. Lat Pull Down x 5 Heavy
*Do Not Use More Than RX weight
B2. Tricep Work x 5
10 KBS (53/35)
5 Burpees AFAP
This week’s events & announcements:
1. Core Series Session 1 with Beth Swanson, Doctor of Physical Therapy at Chester Therapy Associates.
Wednesday, July 22, at 7pm. The second session will take place next Wednesday, 7/29, at 7pm. Each session costs $20. Please bring cash or check written to The Fort CrossFit. There are spots left! Get signed up.
2. Tuesday Open Gym begins at 2pm this week instead of 12. Sorry for any inconvenience.
3. Please continue to get to the gym at least 10 minutes before class starts to get a good warm up in. When in doubt, jump on a bike or rower if available or go for a jog. Better warm up = better workout!
Monday: Day One
*Score is average!
Stretch and Roll Legs
B2. DB Strict Press x 6-8
B3. Sit Up (GHD or Abmat) x 20
3 Sets Building in Intensity each Set
Rest 1 Minute