Wednesday, Week 3/Block 3
5:00 of Bodyweight movement x 10 reps each
– Air Squats
– Hollow Rocks
3 Way Banded Shoulder + Lat stretch x 20s each + Jerk Review
2 Split Jerks @80% (from rack)
– +5% from last week.
– There should be no missed sets
– Beginners: Push Press, 6 x 4. Heavier than last week.
– Spend 7-10:00 working up to work weight before start.
15 Air Squats
L2: (Jumping Pull Ups) (Bar Push-ups)
L1: (Ring Rows) (Box Push-ups)
3 Rounds of:
1 1/4 KB Tricep Extensions (or w. DB) x 10-12. Rest 30s.
Hammer Curls x 10-12. Rest 30s.
– Strength: Final week of dynamic work with jerks. Weights should be challenging but there should be no missed sets. Increase loading from last week if needed. If you missed last Wednesday use 75% or a moderate weight for all sets.
– Metcon: This is a high-volume gymnastics piece as many of you may know so pacing and staying away from muscular failure is key. Try to complete a set every 60-90s depending on your ability. Scale appropriately.