Friday, Week 3/Block 3
1) Wide Stance Box Squat:
7 x 3 @60-70%, every 60s.
– use 13-15″” Box.
– +5% from last week
– Ensure each set is done explosively + you are sitting back on the box
– This % is of your 1RM Back Squat.
2) Deadlift Warm up: Work up to the weight you think you’ll make it to performing.
30 Deadlifts (135, 95)
20 Deadlifts (185, 115)
10 Deadlifts (225, 135)
– All Levels: Scale down each weight by 10-20#s
– Score = total reps
Deadbug + Reverse Crunch: 3 x 10. Rest 60s.
Supermans x 50-100 Reps (squeeze glutes at top). Rest as needed.
– Strength: Final week of Box Squats. Loads should be slightly heavier but speed/technique should be on point by now. Make sure these are done by sitting back on the box then exploding up. Stance MUST BE WIDE to really get the most out of these. It’s okay to be uncomfortable, you can always go lighter if needed.
– Metcon: Consistent breathing and pacing the entire workout. Scale weights appropriately.