Thursday, Week 4/Block 3
EVEN Mins: 1 Movement Athlete Choice
ODD Mins: 1 Movement Athlete Choice
– Athletes will choice 2 movements that they need to work on. As your coach for some guidance if needed. Perform small sets to reinforce good movement patterns.
This should NOT be a challenging EMOM. Focus should be on improving.
What is a Goat?
Your Goat in CrossFit is a movement that you are not so good at, and that is putting it politely. It could be anything; barbell movement, gymnastics movement, body weight movement, kettlebell movement, or simply flexibility and/or mobility. The only way to attack your goat is to work on it!
5 Rounds of:
1a) Stone to Shoulder x 3-4 each.
1b) Front Rack Carry x 100 Ft (53/hand, 35/hand).
1c) L-Sit x 20s.
1d) Walking Lunges x 20 Reps (Athlete choice of weight)
1e) DB Man Makers x 5 Reps
– 1 Renegade Row + 1 push-up + 1 renegade row + 1 push-ups + 1 squat clean thruster
*Score = For Quality
Alternate Scaling Options:
– Stones: Heavy sledpush, heavy sledpull, or 60s Max Effort Calories Row or Assault Bike, or 10 KB Romanian Deadlifts.
– Front Rack Carry: Farmer Carry x 100 meters.
– DB Man Makers: Renegade Row Only 10/side
– Skill: Choice two movements that need work. Keep sets small so you can reinforce good motor patterns. This holds true with gymnastics movements as well.
– Metcon: Goal for today is just to keep moving. Should be an aerobic level pace. This workout can be done in any order to facilitate the class. This is NOT for time so focus on quality and not quantity.